Welcome to The StoryHow™ Institute, an organization dedicated to helping people harness the power of story to make their presentations interesting, memorable, and persuasive.
Your one-stop shop for business storytelling.
Most folks who find their way here…
…have been reading about the importance of storytelling in business, yet are frustrated in their search for relevant resources. Their frustration is three-fold:
- The storytelling lessons are too generic, spouting overly simplistic generalizations about cave dwellers sitting around campfires
- The storytelling content is too personal, focussing inwardly to express one’s own personal journey
- The examples use non-business vocabularies such as inciting incident, rising action, falling action, and dénouement.
If you came here for one of these reasons, stick around; you’re in the right place.
- why story-structure is the only way that we as humans learn
- how story-structure initiates involuntary actions within the listener’s brain
- how to use specific story-structure elements to make your presentations interesting, memorable, and persuasive.
And we have plenty of business storytelling resources for you:
If you want to elevate your communications skills, create better content, and make your messages more memorable, this is the place for you.
- Ron Ploof’s StoryHow™ PitchDeck (available on Amazon.com) is a deck of playing cards that individuals and enterprises use to turn business messages into stories.
- The StoryHow™ blog covers the ins and outs of business storytelling
- Dragonslayer Digest our weekly email newsletter of the most timely tips, tricks, and enlightened business tales. Use the pop-up form at the bottom right hand corner of this page to sign-up today.
Let’s slay some dragons together.